Business & Economy
Written By: Yemen Observer Staff
Article Date: Jan 30, 2012 - 8:33:46 PM
The government said it highly valued the Gulf States leaders' understanding of Yemen's exceptional circumstances as well as their keenness to make the donor conference scheduled to be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh successful.
During the Cabinet’s weekly meeting on Tuesday chaired by Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basendwa, the government hailed the results of the visits of the Premier to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates on 9 - 17 January.
The cabinet asserted the necessity of carefully preparing the plan and development priority projects before presenting it to the donor conference for Yemen which is set to be held next March.
It also praised the readiness announced by a number of brotherly and friendly countries and donor organizations to participate actively in the donor conference to support the reconciliation government's efforts to fulfill its obligations and achieve the country's stability and sustainable development.
• Yemen government seeks $ 11 billion from donors
• Indonesia’s Medco Energi buys RIL’s stake in Yemen oil block
• Counterfeit currency enters money market in Yemen
• Yemen Ministry of Planning reviews emergency fund
• Yemen raises capital of the Reconstruction and Development Bank