Business & Economy
Written By: Yemen Observer Staff
Article Date: May 8, 2012 - 4:04:08 PM
Yemen accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) is a contribution to improve its economic and trade situation, official in WTO has said.
This came by the head of the working team on Yemen accession to the WTO in a meeting held Tuesday and included a Yemeni delegation headed by Minister of Trade and Industry Saad al-Deen.
The meeting discussed the team's report in the context of developments in the process of Yemen's accession to the WTO and approved initially the report's draft and to be submitted in its final ratification in the meeting of mid-June.
The team head affirmed the importance of supporting Yemen by the organizations and international community during this crucial period the country is going through.
It is worth to mention that, this step is a prelude for the final procedure to finalize Yemen's membership to the WTO in the coming few months.
• Yemen government seeks $ 11 billion from donors
• Indonesia’s Medco Energi buys RIL’s stake in Yemen oil block
• Counterfeit currency enters money market in Yemen
• Yemen Ministry of Planning reviews emergency fund
• Yemen raises capital of the Reconstruction and Development Bank