Written By: Mohammed al-Kibsi
Article Date: Oct 3, 2010 - 4:49:01 PM
Kim Jong Un son of President of North Korea Kim Jong ll earlier this week was handed top military and party posts at a Workers’ Party conference.
The official Korean Central News Agency announced Tuesday that Kim Jong Un had been promoted to four-star general in the Korean People’s Army — the first mention of his name in the country’s tightly controlled state media.
He was mentioned again in several dispatches Wednesday announcing the names of people who were given posts at a rare meeting of the ruling Workers’ Party of Korea held the day before. In addition to his military title, he was made a member of the organization’s governing central committee and was also named to its military commission.
The mentions of Kim Jong Un in state media — and now the release of his photo — have confirmed what many analysts have increasingly believed for about the past two years: that Kim Jong Un has been chosen to succeed his father and carry the ruling family dynasty into a third generation.
This act was criticized by politicians and even by ordinary Korean citizens as it indicated that North Korea has changed to be an empire or a monarchy country. However I think this is an internal affair that concerns the North Korean people who have the right to reject or accept any internal issue.
The North Korean policies that push for triggering war in the Korean Peninsula are really worrying. The latest and most significant of these acts was the unprecedented incident in which ROKS Cheonan was sunk by a surprise torpedo attack by a North Korean submarine occurred, resulting in the death of 46crew members on March 26, 2010.
This act was condemned by the international community that indorsed a security council resolution condemning the North Korean government after they had investigated the incident.
Last Thursday news agencies reports said that North and South Korea ended their first working-level military talks in two years Thursday with no progress as the meeting stumbled over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on Pyongyang.
The rare encounter came hours after Pyongyang vowed to strengthen its nuclear deterrent in response to what it called U.S. threats.
A team of international investigators concluded in May that a North Korean torpedo sank the Cheonan warship near the two Koreas’ western disputed sea border in March, killing 46 sailors. North Korea denies involvement and has threatened war if it is punished for the disaster.
On Thursday, South Korea pressed North Korea to immediately admit to and apologize for the sinking and to punish those responsible, the ministry said in a verbal statement after the talks in the Demilitarized Zone that divides the peninsula.
In my point of view the North Korean government has to admit its act and to apologize so as to maintain peace in the Korean Peninsula.
North Korea’s responsible measures over the sinking of the Cheonan are a key to resolve the issue.
The ministry of defense of South Korea has issued a full report over the incident giving detailed evidences that ROKS Cheonan was sunk by torpedo attack by a North Korean submarine and lead to the death of 46 crew members. The South Korean Ministry of National Defense organized the Civilian-Military Joint Investigation Group on March 31 in order to clearly identify the cause of the sinking as well as the entity responsible for the incident. The Civilian-Military Joint Investigation Group proceeded with the investigation with the participation of civilian and foreign experts to ensure objectivity and credibility.
The Civilian-Military Joint Investigation Group conducted its investigation while the whole group was lodging near the incident site in the West Sea facing unfavorable conditions such as harsh climates and currents. Despite these difficulties, its objective and scientific investigation found that ROKS Cheonan was sunk due to a torpedo launched by a North Korean midget submarine. The final investigation results were announced on May 20.
The Civilian-Military Joint Investigation Group reported the investigation results to the
UN Security Council on June 14. As a result, UN Security Council Presidential Statement that acknowledges and condemns North Korea’s culpability in the incident was unanimously adopted.
Nonetheless, North Korea continues to deny the facts and has heightened its threats of military provocations, claiming that the Republic of Korea fabricated the investigation results. Even within the Republic of Korea, the reality is that there are individuals who raise doubts against the investigation results based on their own interests, and they are taking irresponsible actions such as spreading groundless assertions.
The report filed by the South Korean Ministry of Defense mentioned five main evidences that can never be denied. The evidences were based on facts and results of scientific tests conducted by Korean and foreign experts.
The North Korean government has to prove its desire for peace by admitting its act and to apologize for the South Korean people and for the families of the victims.
For those that do not know the results of the Korean war they have to know that the war resulted in killing 5 million innocent people from both parts and that any new war will result in killing furthermore not mentioning that nuclear weapons are likely to be used. This will lead to the vanish of the whole Korean Peninsula and might spread into other countries including USA, Japan China and who knows where else.
• Who spoiled the new invention in Yemen?
• High five for Yemen’s democratic spirit
• Condemning North Korea is not enough
• Yemeni Political Monte Carlo Calculations!
• The G20 smile summit Seoul 2010