Written By: Abdul-Aziz Oudah
Article Date: Feb 22, 2011 - 8:18:56 PM
About one million of pro-government demonstrators marched on Friday in Taiz, hoisting posters of President Ali Abdullah Saleh and national flags.
They also chanted words that advocated for the president’s initiative for dialogue with the opposition parties to prevent Yemen from falling into the chaos.
They voiced their support for security, stability and unity for the country.
In a rally that took place in the As-Salam Square in Taiz, the supporters called for national dialogue, rebuffing calls of fanaticism, extremism and acts of violence and destruction.
They also called on all Yemen’s citizens to deepen their spirit of fraternity and tolerance. They held up placards that read in Arabic, “Yes for development… No to destruction… No to chaos or sectarianism”. They stressed the importance of solidarity among the Yemenis.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen