Written By: Mohammed al-Kibsi
Article Date: May 2, 2012 - 10:49:00 AM
A Yemeni soldier was killed and French expert working for Total Yemen was injured and a Yemeni officer was also seriously wounded in an attack launched by suspected al-Qaeda gunmen in Seyoun town of Hadramout province south east of Yemen on Tuesday.
Total Yemen said that an attack took place on Tuesday in Seyoun, southeast Yemen, at around 14:10 local time, when a group of gunmen fired on a car carrying personnel from TOTAL E&P Yemen.
The incident resulted in the death of one Yemeni guard and the injury of two TOTAL employees.
One of the employees sustained serious injuries and is being treated in Seyoun.
The other employee, whose condition is stable, has been evacuated to Sana’a.
“TOTAL E&P Yemen wishes to convey its condolences to the Yemeni guard’s bereaved family, and hopes for the speedy recovery of the injured,” said the press release published by Total Yemen.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen