Written By: Elena White
Article Date: May 3, 2012 - 7:27:36 PM
According to the authorities in Sana’a, the Yemeni capital, two revolutionaries would have set themselves on fire to protest against political factions ‘manipulation of the revolution.
Abdullah Ahmad Ghalib Baidhani and Anwar Azazi poured gasoline on their heads before lighting themselves up in “Change Square”, the main rallying point of the uprising which is mainly under the control of al-Islah, Yemen’s Islamic faction.
Allegedly, the Yemen Observer could not independently confirm the reports, the two men wanted to establish their opposition of al-Islah, which they said disrupted the real revolutionary movement through oppression and repression as its members wanted to seize power.
Such claims have often been uttered by activists in the square.
Both men were taken to the Square’s hospital for treatment.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen