Written By: Mohamed Ali Mohamed
Article Date: May 8, 2012 - 3:41:37 PM
The colleague journalist in the Yemeni Saba News Agency Anwar al-Bahri, has again been exposed on Tuesday afternoon to a new assault by al-Ahmar militants.
Al-Ahmar militants have stormed his house at al-Hasaba area in Sana’a yet again on Monday afternoon, assaulting him brutally before his wife and children.
They started beating him violently and terrorizing his children. He was rushed to the nearest hospital having suffered severe injuries.
The journalist syndicate expressed concern over the continued attacks against Saba Agency’s journalists.
It renewed in a statement its denouncement of such serious infringements to the freedom of press, holding the Interior Ministry accountable for the continuation of these assaults, especially since there is procrastination in arresting the perpetrators, according to the syndicate.
It demanded the swift arrest of the perpetrators as to refer them to the District Attorney.
They also called for the state to provide the journalist and his family protection.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen