Written By: Elena White
Article Date: May 12, 2012 - 9:08:02 PM
Abdu al-Ganadi, the deputy Information Minister and spokesperson for the General People’s Congress, aka the ruling party, announced on Wednesday at a press conference that his political faction was preparing for the removal of its loyalists’ tents, in a show of good faith and according to the principles exposed in the power-transfer agreement.
Ganadi explained that the decision had been made following an understanding in between President Abdu Rabbo Mansour Hadi and the GPC’s leaders, and therefore, former President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
''We agreed with president Hadi to remove the sit-ins of our supporters next week,'' al-Ganadi told the press.
Moreover, the deputy Information Minister called on the Joint Meeting Parties to follow suit and too remove all their loyalists from the squares, in an effort Ganadi said to return life to normal and honor the terms of the GCC initiative as per signed in Riyadh last November.
''We called the JMP to remove the sit-ins in the capital Sana'a and in the other provinces, or our supports will return back to the streets,'' he said.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen