Written By: Elena White
Article Date: Jul 8, 2012 - 4:46:13 PM
In an address to volunteer lawyers former President Ali Abdullah Saleh stated that “no one in Yemen is or should be above the law” referring directly to Sheikh Hameed al-Ahmar -Yemen’s billionaire businessman and brother to powerful sheikh Sadeeq al-Ahmar, the Sheikh of the Hasheed confederation of tribes – whom he accused of having commandeered the bomb attack against the presidential palace in 2011.
The blast which tore through the presidential Mosque situated within the presidential compound claimed the life and injured many state dignitaries.
President Saleh was himself severely wounding and had to air-lifted to Saudi Arabia where he remained for several months in convalescence.
Saleh, as President of the General People’s Congress reiterated his desire to contribute to Yemen’s reconstruction, saying his party would always stand ready to help Yemenis achieve their goals and ambitions.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen