Written By: Yemen Observer Staff
Article Date: Aug 6, 2012 - 11:48:25 AM
The death toll caused by an explosion in the vegetable market downtown Taiz increased to 7 dead and 16 wounded, security sources said on Sunday.
An exploded grenade amid al-Markazi market in the late evening on Friday caused in the killing of several citizens were present at the central market of vegetables in the downtown ofTaiz city, South Yemen.
Saba News Agency quoted Yemeni security source as saying that a motorcycle driver threw a grenade and due to a fight broke out between him and a vendor.
The source stressed that the fight developed until the motorcycle driver threw the grenade that caused the tragic incident, adding that among the dead is the driver of the bike and thevendor, as security agencies continue to investigate the circumstances of the incident.
Eyewitnesses and doctors said citizens were killed and injured in a bomb explosion, and that some people have severe wounds.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen