Written By: Fares Anam
Article Date: Aug 13, 2012 - 2:04:56 AM
Coast Guards of the Gulf of Aden has renewed warnings to beachgoers in Aden coasts, especially Gold Mohr Coast to never swim during the current windy season that is causing sea upheaval with high strong waves.
According to a security source in the maritime sector, the new warning comes after the occurrence of ten sinking cases, including two young girls, he told Yemen News Agency.
The source appealed to parents of young men and women, that like to attend Aden coasts to provide advice to their children, especially with the advent of Eid al-Fitr holiday not to swim in during this period, pointing out that the monsoon season will continue until the end of September.
Many Yemenis spend their Eid holidays in Aden and Hodiedah provinces for their beautiful coasts. Several sinking incidents occur during Eid holiday and turn the joyful and happiness of Eid to sadness and grieve.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen