Written By: Fares Anam
Article Date: Sep 6, 2012 - 3:45:32 PM
Yemeni plane belongs to Yemenia Airlines landed on Sunday in Aden International Airport half an hour after taking off due to technical problems forced the pilot to return to airport for the sake of the passengers’ lives, spokesperson of Yemenia Airlines, Nabil al-Haidari told Yemen Observer.
“The plane was heading to Amman, but when the pilot found a technical problem, he decided to return to Aden Airport because the most important thing is the safety of the passengers,” said al-Haidari.
Al-Haidari added that the company had the passengers stayed in a hotel until another plan arrived and took off to its destination.
“There was no fear and most of the passengers praised the decision of the pilot,” he added. All Yemenia planes are subjected to extensive maintenance before takeoffs, confirmed al-Haidari. “Our pilots are professional in their work and they just care for the safety of the passengers first.”
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen