Written By: Fares Anam
Article Date: Oct 7, 2012 - 8:01:49 PM
US airliner carrying soldiers and military equipment arrived in Aden International Airport in southern Yemen on Sunday, October 7, a day after the Yemen authorities announced they thwarted a military operation that aimed at targeting Anad Airbase in Lahj province.
A US plane carying soldiers and equipment landed in Aden airport in South Yemen on Sunday.
An informed local source told UP that "military aircraft arrived in Aden airport [Sunday] afternoon carrying military equipment", the source did not mention the number of American soldiers or the type of military equipment on board.
Early Saturday, a security source said the Yemeni authorities foiled a suicide attack by al-Qaeda militants that was targeting Anad Airbase used by American forces to hunt down elements of the organization by drones.
Reports quoted last September 6 a military source Yemeni at the Ministry of Defense, that "a large number of American forces arrived in Anad Airbase."
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen