Written By: Yemen Observer Staff
Article Date: Dec 7, 2012 - 8:39:09 PM
Sawa’a Organization for Anti-Discrimination expressed its deep regret at Yemeni Jewish citizens not being involved in the upcoming National Dialogue Conference.
The organization views it as a violation of the Jewish community’s most basic rights, equal citizenship, especially since they suffer from unfair legislation that prohibits effective political participation, depriving them of their fundamental rights.
While the organization commends the marginalized group inclusion in the interlocutors category, the organization calls for President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi to include the Jewish community in the National Dialogue.
The organization issued a report concerning the problems faced by the Jewish community, the most important of which is preventing them from political participation, lack of access to jobs and appropriate education, which are contrary to the constitution and legislation of Yemen and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen