Written By: Fares Anam
Article Date: Dec 7, 2012 - 8:42:08 PM
The Yemeni Interior Ministry has accused Muhammad Hassan Kalfoot of bombing an oil pipeline in Marib province only half an hour after repairs were completed on Friday.
The ministry’s website reported that an engineering team had gone to repair the pipeline on Friday at the point of kilometers 39 and 40, which had been bombed on 11 November last year. Kalfoot bombed it at the same location, only 30 minutes after the engineers had completed their job.
Army forces targeted tribal areas in Marib on Sunday morning after the sabotage, according to local sources.
The area of al-Damasheqah in Wadi Obeida district suffered intensive shelling .
The pipeline, which carries oil from the oil fields in Safer, Marib to Ras Isa port on the Red Sea, stopped pumping crude oil after numerous acts of sabotage.
The government authorities have failed to stop militants from targeting the pipeline, or enabling engineering teams to reach their repair sites.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen