Written By: Yemen Observer Staff
Article Date: Dec 7, 2012 - 8:48:58 PM
Democracy School became a member of Defense for Children International (DCI) after submitting the required documents, it was also certified in a meeting with the council in Geneva as a division of Defense for Children International.
DCI is a global movement for children that was formed in July 1979, the International Year of the Child.
It was created as a response to the UN plea, calling to remedy the lack of international bodies that advocate for the rights of children. The first important achievement was its participation in the drafting of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
The headquarters of the organization are located in Geneva, Switzerland. Democracy School is a non-governmental organization that was founded in 2002 which targets issues concerning children and works to protect them and their rights.
The members of Defence for Children International will work to improve childrens’ conditions in Yemen through local and international channels.
• Yemen seizes military materiel
• Yemen: Democracy School certified as division of Defense for Children International
• Yemen’s army shells tribal areas after pipeline sabotage
• Sawa’a organization calls for Jewish involvement in Yemen’s National Dialogue
• US aircraft carrying soldiers, equipment lands in Yemen