Yemen Observer: http://www.yobserver.com
Written By: Abdul-Aziz Oudah
Article Date: Jan 31, 2010 - 1:24:33 PM
The local authorities in Sada’ah province rejected the al-Houthi announcement to stop the war, describing it as a trick to avoid defeat. Sa’adah Secretary General, Mohammed al-Emad, denied the rebels acceptance of the five points. "What al-Houthi considers as an initiative is just a way of manipulation in order for al-Houthis to gain time and prepare for a seventh war," al-Emad said, adding that the al-Houthis had previously made use of cease-fires announced by the President and regrouped and started a new war. Al-Houthis breached many truces and dialogues along the war rounds.
The rebellious al-Houthis announced on Saturday that they accepted the five The rebel leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi said, in a recording voice posted on the Houthis website, that he accepted the five conditions providing the military attacks against them will stop.
The Yemeni Government offered al-Houthis a cease-fire, demanding them to respect it, reopen roads, remove their checkpoints, and clarify the fate of the kidnapped foreigners.
A political analysis, wishing to remain anonymous, sees that the state has to accept this chance of cease-fire. “As long as the rebels accept the five points the government imposed, the state has to stop the war, as well as go have frequent dialogues with them," he said. " I think this is a good chance for the government to make any potential intervening states miss their opportunity in meddling in Yemen’s affairs," he concluded.