Written By: Majid al-Kibsi
Article Date: Sep 18, 2010 - 6:00:29 PM
SWY 350 (Go Green) is the name of a coming environmental initiative by the Ship for the World Youth Alumni Association in Yemen (SWYAA) in October 10th 2010.
The initiative will start distributing environmental bags with instructions on them to be used instead of the plastic bags that have start to negatively impact soil and trees. The activity will take the first step in Sana’a Trade Center (STC) which is also known as Libyan Center on Sunday 10th from 10- 12pm.
The objective of this event is to get the community, merchants, and shopping malls gain awareness and get them to use environmental bags in order to make a difference together, “in fact this work is not about one country only it has contact with all environment crisis going on even in Pakistan, Chile and other locations.” said Marwan al-Sobaei, the coordinator of the event.
Yousef Abu Talib, SWYAA Director invited volunteers to join the campaign. “We want to make a difference by easing some of the burden we cause to our environment,” Said Abu Talib. He also added “this initiative is part of mutual campaigns held in various countries all over the world seeking to achieve the same goal.”
Scientists say that 350 parts per million CO2 in the atmosphere is the safe limit for humanity. The Slogan Go Green 350 has been used all over the world as an outcry to lower carbon emissions.
• Yemen Mobile develops special packages systems for internet services
• Love and Peace in Yemen spread through “Color your Street Wall” Campaign
• Yemen ministry of interior initiates the “Arab Traffic Week” under the slogan “Until when?”
• Yemen Ex president’s loyalists gather in “love of democracy and unity”
• Mysore Palace opens its third branch in Algeria Street