Sports, Health & Lifestyle
Article Date: May 8, 2012 - 3:18:51 PM
The heart is considered to be the most important muscle in the human body, due to its important role in human life as a dynamo that moves the body. For this reason the diseases of the heart are to be given special attention and should be quickly addressed and taken care of so that they will not affect the life. We will mention here some of the diseases, their causes, symptoms and the tests undertaken for such diseases.
There is what is called the Rheumatic fever. It is a serious disease for children and adults, because it may spread to the heart, affect its valves and reduce its efficiency. The disease is caused by the “macoralogy” germs. It often affects the throat and tonsils. It may be in a form of small balls or beads.
The symptoms of this disease are:
1. Rise in temperature – fever.
2. Swelling in the joints.
3. It may have more widespread effects as this fever may extend to the heart, causing inflammation of the heart’s muscle and its internal membrane.
Many tests are used for this disease including the general blood test CBC, and the most important test is the ESR. This test is for detecting the speed of blood precipitation, because the precipitation speed increases in the case of rheumatic fever.
Then other tests are done such as the ASO, CRP and RF tests. They are tests for the Rheumatism inflammation.
Many of the Rheumatic fever people heal after spending several months in sick bed, using the antibiotic compatible with the patient’s age and weight, especially the children. This is one of the heart diseases and we promise to speak about another disease in the next issue.
• Health Minister: WHO allocates $ 11.5 mln for health care in Yemen
• For some, winning isn't everything at worlds
• First and only national meeting kicks off in Yemen on the occasion of the World Hepatitis Day
• Yemen’s Al Tilal hold Indian Dempo to 2-2 draw
• Yemen tennis star claims Asian title